6.16.2010

You Know What's Gluten Free? Being lazy.

Being lazy is pretty much my favorite thing.

Sounds ridiculous and remarkably unproductive in comparison to a lot of people's hobbies, interests, and time-fillers, but it makes me happy. Especially because for the past month I've been experiencing a freedom I didn't have for the three years that I was in grad school. There's nothing hanging over my head except the pile of laundry that will be there tomorrow, the fact that I desperately need to clean out our closets, and the random piles of things that need to be put away. No deadlines (other than work-related and self-imposed deadlines), no meetings to rush to after work, and no major stresses to deal with (like, say, writing a thesis). It has been wonderful to say the least.

Only having my full-time job as a serious time commitment allows me to walk unhurriedly through Target (or any other place of my choosing) after work and still get home in plenty of time to have a glass of wine and make dinner with The Hubby.

On nights when The Hubby is in class, I can lounge on the couch, eat (gluten-free) macaroni and cheese as a main course, and catch up on my "girly" shows that I'm forced to watch by myself, like So You Think You Can Dance (SO good this season so far), Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice.

Instead of sleepless nights and research, my weekends are now filled with sleeping in, leisurely breakfasts with The Hubby, pool time, naps, and catching up on the endless list of movies we want to see.

I am so thankful for these lazy days. I will never take them for granted again.

I have a list of productive things that I want to do soon in addition to chores: learning to use my new DSLR camera and spending lots of time practicing, organizing the house, cleaning out the garage, hanging pictures in our bedroom...the list goes on and on and on.

Eventually, I'll be motivated to do those things and enjoy the process.

But for now, I'm going to stick with being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment