2.02.2010

Plan-D Flourless Muffins


While at Sprouts Farmers Market on Saturday, I stumbled upon a gluten free first for me - Plan-D Apple Cinnamon Flourless Muffins. I've seen the gluten free muffins from Udi's and Whole Foods, but these were different. Flourless! I've found that gluten free bread items tend to be a little heavy for me, especially for breakfast, but these were fabulous. They were a good size - about the same size of a muffin you'd bake at home - and the texture was dense and crumbly on the top (in a good way) from the main starchy ingredient, oat bran. It wasn't as apple-y as it was cinnamon-y, which I liked, and it went wonderfully with my vanilla hazelnut coffee. Here's the best part - they were baked just perfectly! The very center was the tiniest bit underdone (which is how I love my baked goods) and chewy, and - I kid you not - reminded me of the very center of a dense cinnamon roll. YUM!



I probably won't get to have these very often unless Central Market starts carrying them (the closest Whole Foods is 25 minutes away; Sprouts is 40 minutes from my house), so I'm really enjoying them as a special treat. Can't wait until breakfast!

Speaking of breakfast, I have been desperately craving pancakes lately. I haven't had them in almost two years (since before my diagnosis) and they just sound so yummy. Any recommendations for a good mix? I'm thinking of trying Pamela's, since everything else of hers is so tasty.

Until next time,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I love these muffins too.. you don't have to wait to buy them, you can make them yourself. The recipe is in Dee MacCaffreys's book. 'Plan-D: The amazing anti-diet that will change your life forever'. I made some the other day, so easy & delicious!

    http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780974553047/Plan-D?utm_campaign=usbooko&utm_medium=api&utm_source=AU&utm_content=Plan-D&utm_term=9780974553047

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! Thanks for the info. Would definitely love to make them at home. Appreciate the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problems Kelly,

    Her book is fantastic... so much info on nutrition too. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete