2.13.2010

Gluten Free Manners

I used to think Twitter was the dumbest thing out there. Who on earth would want to be constantly updated about the snooze-fest of my daily life? Even better, why would I want to share the mind-numbing details? I've learned (thanks in no small part to The Hubby) that it's such a great resource (and also that my life is nowhere near boring)! Without it, I wouldn't have found this great article:

http://celiac-disease.com/what-are-gluten-free-manners/

I think Ms. James makes several excellent points in her article. I'll let you read to decide what you think.

My main takeaway was this: all of us celiacs and/or gluten free eaters have different "rules" that we live by. What works for one person might make another sick, and what makes one person sick might be completely okay for the next person. The most important thing is that we continue to keep the valuable information flowing without judging others for their food lifestyles, focusing on what works for our individual health instead of others'.

...and I'm stepping off of my super-sweet soapbox now.

On a random note, we've been watching the Olympics all night. Why is it so hard to tear your eyes from the TV when it's that time of year?

Happy Saturday!
Kelly

PS. If you want to follow ME on Twitter (and you know you do)... http://twitter.com/glutenfreendly

No comments:

Post a Comment