2.06.2010

A quick hello - and a fun tip

I just realized that it has been almost a week since my last post. Okay, so it's only technically been 4 days, but it seems like it's been a week! I'm really getting in to a hectic time trying to meet deadlines for my thesis - but I am going to do my best to post regularly.

That being said, this post is just to check in and say hello before I get back to the grind on the ginormous paper from hell. However, I do have a fun tip that I recently learned when it comes to gluten free cooking. We eat a TON of pasta at our house - I'm talking at least once a week - and we've tried many of the different kinds of rice, corn and quinoa pastas, all of which have been tasty. (I'll talk more about my favorites later.) One problem though: the spaghetti/fettucini/angel hair style pastas that I crave stick together while they cook and you have to stir them constantly. It might be common sense to more seasoned cooks, but I've found that if you add a drizzle of olive oil to the water before you add the pasta, it coats the pasta just enough to keep it from all sticking together, then the residual oil washes off when you drain and rinse the cooked pasta. Easy! Took me almost two years to figure that one out, so I'm now sharing with you. :)

Have a happy Saturday - and if I don't have a chance to post, enjoy the Super Bowl (and the parties that go with it)!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment