3.12.2010

Where did this week go?

Seriously. This week has flown by. Not that that's a bad thing - I've been looking forward to the weekend the whole week, and now it's here!

It's been a good day. I finally dragged my lazy ass out of bed and made it to the gym for the first time in about three months. It wasn't nearly as painful as I was expecting it to be; in fact, it was downright pleasant. I'm looking forward to getting back into the groove of regular cardio and light weights. And not a moment too soon - the pool at my gym opens in two weeks, people!

Since it's Friday, my post-workout day at the office started out with this:


A tall non-fat chai latte from Starbucks. Mmm. I treat myself every Friday (as long as I'm not running super late for work), and it really makes my day. The little things, right?

The day got even better when The Hubby called to say he was taking me to lunch at my favorite sushi spot.


Don't worry - I didn't have any of that gluten-y soy sauce in the back of the picture, I just liked it in the photo. Something to note, though, this particular Japanese restaurant keeps gluten-free Tamari on hand. Perfect.


That beautiful piece of heaven is called a "Dan Dan Roll" - crab, smoked salmon, cream cheese and mango, wrapped with seaweed and rice (duh) and topped with five different types of sashimi (alternating across, some with avocado instead of fish), then topped with chili mayo. Mmmm. One of my favorite things on the menu. I think I could eat this at every meal, every day, forever.

Of course, after my nice lunch I got back to work to a massive pile of emails. Sigh. Onward!

After finishing up the rest of the work day, I headed to the mall for a little retail therapy. Relevant? No. But enjoyable nonetheless.

The Hubby and I went for Mexican food when I got home, and I have to say, my sangria-swirl-margarita, chips and queso, and tortilla soup went down rather nicely. In fact, it's beginning to induce a bit of drowsiness. Before you judge me for going to bed early on a Friday night, I will tell you that I'm getting up earlier tomorrow than I do on a normal work day, so an early bedtime is an added bonus, if not a necessity. So there. I'm just being responsible.

As thrilled as you must be by my culinary adventures this week, I have to tell you that in the near future I'm going to have MUCH more time to cook, experiment, learn, and report...and I can't wait.

Until then - happy weekend!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment