1.26.2010

Amateur! Oh and I cooked...

So far, I'm loving this blog. Problem is, I'm a newbie. Amateur. Wannabe. I think of these great posts and then I forget to take pictures of what I'm posting about or even forget to post at all. There's a chance I should have thought about how horrible my memory is before attempting to document anything. :)

Anyway, last night I cooked for the first time in...well, I honestly have no idea when the last time I cooked was. The Hubby and I have been so busy (and on different nights, no less) that it just hasn't been worth it. So, last night I made pork tenderloin, white rice, and caesar salad. Sounds boring, but I jazzed it up. I coated the pork tenderloin (a Hormel tenderloin, to be specific - and it said "gluten free" right on the package!) in an organic dijon mustard that I had picked up a while back for another recipe - really globbed it on - with some salt and pepper, then baked it for about 40 minutes and let it rest for 5. It turned out perfect and had a really good, tangy flavor. The Hubby won't eat brown rice - as much as I try to convince him to - so he cooked up a batch of white rice in our rice cooker, which is my new favorite appliance. Easy! The caesar was just romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, sunflower seeds, and a few chopped raw walnuts thrown in for a good crunch, tossed in Cardini's caesar dressing. Delish! The whole meal took very minimal prep and was super easy to clean up - it was about as friendly as you can get! I wish I had remembered to take a picture of it - I was pretty proud of myself once I plated it up. Oh well.

I promise I'll get better at this.
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment