1.29.2010

TGIF

It has been an insane couple of weeks. Work is crazy, the pressure is on to finish my thesis for grad school, and my personal life and commitments - while lots of fun - are hectic as the new year is getting started. The nice thing is that as of today, I think things are slowing down enough to let me breathe some. It's a cold, rainy friday, and I was able to work from home today and take it easy. I haven't gotten out of my sweatpants, and I was able to squeeze in a nap to compensate for last night's fitful sleep. It's been a nice day.

One of the best things about working from home is the pace. I don't have to rush to get out of bed in the morning because I only have to walk a few steps to my computer. I can make a pot of coffee and enjoy it in my house, rather than at a desk with glaring fluorescent lighting. Same with my lunch. And an added bonus: Since The Hubby works from home every day, I get to see him, too.

Lunch today was another one of those "what-am-I-going-to-eat-since-I-haven't-gone-grocery-shopping" kind of meals. The end result wasn't terribly pretty, but it was tasty. I made a caesar salad out of romaine, caesar dressing (duh), parmesan cheese, sunflower seeds, chickpeas, a can of tuna, half an avocado that I had leftover from another day's lunch, and some salt and pepper.



Like I said, not terribly pretty (or pretty at all for that matter), but it tasted awesome. Rich, salty, crunchy, chewy, creamy, crisp...and packed full of protein and other good for me things. I must say, I was pretty impressed with what I threw together. Of course now I have to remember to replace the can of chickpeas for future emergencies. We'll see how that goes.

Tonight we're headed to a birthday dinner for one of our new friends. Luckily, the birthday boy chose mexican food (not surprising considering the majority of the population loves it here and we have lots of yummy choices), which makes my dining experience much easier. We're really looking forward to it.

Happy Friday!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment