1.22.2010

Clarification

After my last post, I got to thinking about how I haven't explained with any specifics my eating habits/situation. Yes, I have Celiac Disease, and yes, I have to maintain a gluten free diet, but those things mean different things for different people. I am fortunate in the fact that I am not as sick as some if I accidentally ingest gluten. I know there are Celiacs out there that get very, very ill if they accidentally ingest even a breadcrumb, or they encounter the slightest cross-contamination...and I feel for you. I can't imagine what that must be like.

That being said, my gluten free diet isn't as strict. I still eat things that "may have been processed in a facility that also processes wheat" and I eat oats. Heresy? Maybe. But I feel great and it works for me. I plan to post things that make me (and my tummy) happy, and hopefully they will work for others, including the ones following super-sensitive diets. Just please know I'm not trying to offend or come across lackadaisical in my treatment of the gluten-free lifestyle. :)

I love food! I love learning about food, eating food, cooking food, baking food, looking at food, watching food on tv (Food Network is my favorite) and talking about food. Mmm. On to that.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment